Here’s a fun new DoodleDab to celebrate the start of a new school year. It’s amazingly easy to do using Tombow’s Dual Brush Pens!
The Pencil DoodleDab is great for creating fun cards, notepaper or to decorate your envelopes. Here’s how to draw the Pencil DoodleDab:
General: The suggested Dual Brush Pen colors are shown on the right.
1. Start by making a line using the yellow marker’s brush tip. Make it as long as you want your pencil to be.
2. Add two more lines one each side of the first line, overlapping as you go.
3. With the brush tip of the black marker, make a teardrop stroke about 1/2″ away from the barrel of the pencil.
4. With the fine tip of the black marker, draw lines from the point to the sides, add a wiggly line on top of the barrel, outline the sides and bottom of the barrel, add three short, slightly curved lines at the bottom and draw a square at the base for the eraser. Color in the eraser with the pink marker.
5. This step is optional. Add a shadow to the side of the pencil with the grey marker’s brush tip. You can also use the grey marker’s fine tip to add “HB Pencil” to the barrel if you wish.
Have some fun using some the 96 different colors available in the Dual Brush Pen selection! The cards were put together using Dot Adhesive, MONO Multi Liquid Glue, and Foam Tabs.
Thanks for dropping by! Please comment if you like the new Pencil DoodleDab!
LOVE this!!!!! Oh my goodness this is so clever Marie! Can’t wait to play around with this.
I really like this…and so timeley. A teacher or parent would love getting a note on one of these, I’ll bet it would make it to the “must keep” file or on the front of the fridge! Thanks Marie