Hello friends! I am yearning for Spring, aren’t you? I decided to make a card with a little pop of color, a flower, a birdie…all things “Spring” that I am anxious to see! This card also features a removable accent — the entire center piece can be removed!
Here’s how to create this card with removable accent:
- Fold a card base in half. Ink the edges with a brown Tombow Dual Brush Pen and a sponge (blot the brush tip of the marker with the sponge to transfer the ink to the sponge and then rub the paper with the sponge to transfer the ink to the paper).
- Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to 1/2″ smaller that the card base on all sides. This card base measures 4″ x 5.5″ so I cut the cardboard to 3.5″ x 5″. Peel the backing from the cardboard to reveal the corrugated texture and adhere to the card front.
- Adhere two circular die cuts together with Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue and allow to dry. To the back of this die cut cluster, add a Tombow Fastener Tab. This allows the entire decorative accent on the front of the card to be removed and added to another projects or even used as a brooch or hair accent. Fasten the Fastener Tab to the front of the card.
- Add a layered paper flower to the layered die cuts.. Tuck a beaded spray behind the flower,adhering in place with Tombow Power Tabs.
- Add a bird die cut to the center of the die cut cluster.
- Add a sentiment to the card itself.
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Tombow Fastener Tabs
- Tombow Power Tabs
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens – Grunge
- Card Base – The Paper Company
- Cardboard – Zutter Innovative
- Diecuts – Scenic Route (oval), SEI (bird)
- Punch – EK Success
- Cardstock – Bazzill
- Sentiment – Crate Paper
- Paper flowers – Prima Marketing Inc
- Beaded Sprays – hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
Thanks for stopping by today!
If you enjoyed this post please follow us on
Pingback: A Birdie for Spring... | Hydrangea HippoHydrangea Hippo