This week Tombow is partnering with Graphic 45. Be sure to visit both the Tombow blog and the Graphic 45 one for chances to win product. There are some super fun ideas on both blogs too!
Do you ever make anything and love it so much you have a hard time giving it away? This is one such project. I had so much fun making this. The idea actually started out as a baby basket using this paper, but didn’t have any baby items to fill the box AND I didn’t know anyone expecting. LOL!
1. The box. This is a 2-drink carrier from McDonald’s. (seriously!) We went to McDonald’s drive thru asked for 2 waters (we did order their 3 chocolate chip cookies for a dollar…okay getting off the subject here) in the 2-drink carrier. As soon as we pulled away, I had my son get the cups of water out of the carrier and put it in the back so I could use it later. I brushed all the edges of the box with tan ink.
4. For the scallop edge, I used my new favorite EK Success punch.
5. I adhered all the pieces with Tombow’s Mono Adhesive Power Bond.
6. Several elements of this box is inspired are inspired by my friend Michelle Wooderson (you SERIOUSLY have to check out her blog if you aren’t familiar with her work!) First element is using old pattern tissue for tissue paper. I found some old patterns at a shop for 5 cents each. Pretty inexpensive tissue paper! On one side of the carrier is a bottle of Coke and a Twin Bing candy.
7. On the other side of the carrier is this cup that I found at a local store for $1. How cool is this???!
The colors match my paper perfectly. I was looking all over for a Coke glass and found this AFTER my box was made. I was tickled pink…I know, doesn’t take much for this farm girl to get excited. I included a cello bag of chocolate covered cherries (if I would have had the time I would have made homemade candy, like Black Forest Fudge)
8. Another inspired item on the second side is a recipe card. Mish decorates her recipe cards so cool. I can just imagine how cool her recipe book looks! You can buy Cherry Coke, but I thought I’d Google a recipe for making your own and found this simple recipe and what fun that it uses cherry Kool-Aid…another decorating element I can use for my gift box. (hey did you know that Kool-Aid got it’s start in Hastings, Nebraska? I live some place famous. Ü You can read about it here.)
What a fun project!
Oh, my goodness! This is so cute and I LOVE this idea!!! What a wonderful project.
I suddenly have an urge to get drinks at McDonald’s!! Thanks for such a cute, simple, great, creative idea!!!!!
Wow!!!! That is an awesome project!!!!
This is such a cool project! Fab work!
What a “sweet” and very cute project! No wonder you want to keep it… lol. Great job!
Wow! Have you ever seen anything cuter. This is wayyy to cute to give away! Love the pattern tissue paper – just bought some at a garage sale. I hope you don’t mind if I lift this whole project – it’s adorable.
This is so cute, perfect for my daughter and her friend. Thanks for sharing.
oo, i LOOVE your project :)!! it’s TOO cute! thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph 🙂
This is a great project for a gift! Heck, I can see my daughter wanting one for her lunch everyday for summer camp! Guess I better start hitting that McD’s drive thru more often….
That is really cute. The paper is awesome. I don’t have a LSS, but I will find those papers online. My son saw the Koolaid packet and is now wanting cherry Koolaid. Luckily I’m off to the grocery store.
What a fabulous idea!
I love that…especially that recipe card! I never give gifts as cool as that…
Another great idea!! Love the little pocket and how the cherry’s made with buttons…. soooo cute!!
How very fun! It turned out great!
I love the sheer whimsy of this-and using pattern paper for tissue paper-Genius!
This is such a great summer project! Thanks so much for sharing, heading to your blog right now!
What a great summer treat project!
I can see that McDonald’s is going to have a run on it’s drink holders now. This is such a cute idea.
this is too cute!
Cool idea! I have tons of those crazy drink holders. Love Mish’s blog–AND I have a hard time giving anything away that I make.
This is fabulous!! I absolutely LOVE it! And I love that you used patterns as the tissue paper. Brilliant!!!
Still putting the word out that Tombow Mono Multi (green glue) is the BEST Scrapbooking and Paper Crafting adhesive EVER!!!!!!!
I love, love the drink holder! The pattern tissue is the cutest!