I have family and friends who have not only faced breast cancer, but other cancers. 5 years ago, I had a brain tumor (benign and I’m doing fine, had a scare a few weeks ago, but it wasn’t a tumor again, just after affects still from the surgery) and something that helped me get through the storm was journaling. So when I first saw these images I knew I had to make a journal.
This journal is quick and easy to make. I can’t remember where I first saw this idea, but I tweaked it a bit and have been making them for some time now.
8″ x 5″ Jr. legal pad
patterned paper to decorate folder
Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent
1. Cut pocket folder in half on crease line
2. With short edge along paper cutter edge, cut at 8.25″ (away from bottom edge)
3. With long edge along paper cutter edge, cut at 10.5″ (away from pocket end) and then score at 5 1/8″ and again at 5 5/16″
4. Cut the pocket edge down as show in the picture below. This is where your notepad will fit.
5. Cut patterned paper piece 5″ x 2″ and cover bound edge of notepad and insert notepad over cut flap.
6. Decorate front as desired.
7. Apply adhesvie to ribbon to the front of folder and wrap around back and tie at side.
8. You can also decorate front inside flap.
Note: One folder will make 2 notepad journals. The “pocket” will just be on the other side. When the pocket is on the left, I cut it at an angle and add a couple of paper clips. Notes and etc can be tucked inside the pocket. Then I add adhesive to the back of the notepad to hold it inside.
I know I’m a week late looking at this, but I love it! Great for a themed party favor or when multiple gifts are needed, easy to personalize, inexpensive to buy the folders & use any paper / embellies! Thanks for the great idea.