I love the look of using newspaper and I have seen these really cool paper flowers where you kinda wad the paper up and roll it, so did a Youtube search and kind of combined several together that I saw. Don’t really have a clue what I’m doing, but I liked how it turned out.
My friend Pam sent me some paper doilies a few week’s back with a challenge to use them in a project, so I decided to combine it with the newsworthy challenge. I love the vintage look I got.
Here are a few steps to show you what I did.
1. I hand cut a circle about the size of the flower I wanted, then added Tombow’s Stamp Runner Permanent Adhesive all over the circle.
4. Then to color it, I used a Tombow Dual Brush Pen , I actually used 2 different shades.
5. To make the stem, I just twisted a piece of newsprint and sprayed it 2 colors of green and adhered to my doily that I had spritzed with a tan to give it a vintage look.
6. For the leaves I used my adhesive to adhere the newsprint to scrap cardstock and then hand cut leaves out, spritzed them with green marker, and scrunched them up and placed them behind the roses where I wanted them. The cardstock behind the newsprint gave them more body.
7. I finished the centers off with pearls like I saw someone else do. I had planned to use buttons like I saw on YouTube, but I didn’t have any tiny enough for my flowers.
990, 195, 977, 098, 761, 772