1. Photos: Of course you will need some photos! But the first photos your little peanut will take are sonograms and most of the time they come in a receipt kind of paper that fades with time so make sure you scan them or you can take photos of them and use those in your album. My favorite glues for photos are the Tombow Mono Adhesive Dots, Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent, and the Tombow Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive. This last one is also good for small embellishments.
2. A Baby Story: How did you found out you were pregnant and how did you tell your family.
3. My name is: The story of her/his name and maybe include the other options you had.
To glue sequins I like to use the Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.
4. Nursery: Photos of the nursery, who helped and if you got an important gift from someone a mention would be nice.
5. Pregnancy: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and probably the swollen and nauseous. I kept the packaging of these Prenatal Vitamins because they were the only ones that didn’t made me nauseous. It also will be interesting to future generations to see the packaging we used these days. Also include those weird quirks and cravings pregnant women sometimes get.
6. Belly Shots: I am guilty of not taking enough photos of my belly! I just felt like an awful giant planet but I do regret having so few. So own your belly mamas! 7. Presents: I didn’t have a baby shower but I got a few presents and I took a few photos of my favorites.
8. Clothing Tags: I have teeny tiny babies so every time they went up a size I felt proud!
9. Use Apps: We live in an era that pretty much revolves around our phones so chances are you can use apps to document your pregnancy. You can go simple and stick to Facebook, Instagram and Maps or explore a bit further and use apps like InstaPlace, InstaWeather, Pic Tap Go (my favorite for editing), Afterlight, Collect, A Beautiful Mess, or My Pregnancy Today to follow your little peanut’s development. 10. Other’s point of view: My oldest said lots of funny things while I was pregnant and she is actually still saying funny things. She loved her baby sister and those little quotes will one day let her know how much she loves her! If you have a baby shower you could encourage people to leave her a note. Don’t forget Dad’s thoughts about the baby!
11. Birth Story: I was induced (even though I didn’t want to) so I told a story about that whole day.
12. Meeting the Baby: For my oldest daughter, she got to stay with me right after delivery but for my youngest she had to go to the NICU and I didn’t get to see her until next day. This goes to show you that EVERY story is different and that is why it’s important to say it all.
To glue homemade enamel dots I use the Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
13. Tiny Pieces: I kept my baby’s hat from her first outfit, on my oldest’s album I included some of her tiny gloves. *Careful with the hoarding, Preemie and Newborn outfits are adorable but you don’t need to keep them all. I had this talk with myself all the time!
To glued the tiny hat on the paper I used Tombow Foam Tabs!
To glue the vellum squares I used the Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive and to color the frames I used Tombow Irojiten Pencils and Tombow Dual Brush Pens.14. Growth: You have my permission to be the mom that asks the doctor to repeat the height and weight so you can write it in your baby’s album!
15. Milestones: First Food, Crawling, Walking, Sleeping all night (if you get one of those babies) and all those funny words about to come out of their funny toothless mouth!
16. Mommy Milestones: Of course you should write those too! Give yourself a little credit! If you breastfed exclusively for 6 months, a year, etc., if you can make formula or change a diaper with only one hand, if you go back to your pre-baby weight! Go You!
17. Ink those tootsies: They grow so fast! You can only hold on to the memory and those tiny footprints. I only do it on their feet because A) They wiggle a lot! B) They put their hands in their mouth. C) They keep wiggling! I also use a cheap kind of ink that will clean fast. Do not use your awesome archival smear proof ink on baby feet!
18. Photos with the family: Take photos of the baby with older sibling, you can look at them fondly while the oldest screams “Get out of my room! Mom! Layla is in my room!” Also life is very fragile and you don’t know who may be here tomorrow.
19. Special Holidays: Easter, Christmas, Halloween, Christenings or Blessings, sleeping all night (should be considered a national holiday!)
20. Pictures WITH MOM: I know, you must be behind the camera ALL the time and you probably cringe at the thought of taking a photo without make up. Guess what? They are not going to care! They will remember your cooking, your nagging and your lame jokes but they probably won’t judge your #NoMakeupSelfie.
Well I hope this post was useful and informational for you! If there is anything else I missed or if you have any questions leave them at the comment sections and I will get back at you!
Remember to join Latrice’s Baby Challenge for the chance to win these awesome products!
You have until March 15 at 11:55Pm to link your baby project HERE!
LOVE this post Jennie!!
certainly like youur website but you have to test the spelling oon quite a few of your posts.
Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I inn finding it very bothersome to tell the reality however I’ll surely
come back again.
Salut Delphine,Non ! Je dis Non ! J’ai de9je0 une super me9ga tentatrice que je ne neoamrmi pas mais que tu connais… Je ne peux pas en avoir une deuxie8me ! C’est pourtant ce qui est en train de se passer… Superbe travail, cette jeune fille est trop mimi avec son parapluie et son canard !!! Je crois que je vais craquer. J’adore ton choix de couleurs. Tout en simplicite9 ! C’est e7a le talent ! Bravo !Bisous.Ta FNO et fie8re de l’eatre !!!
this post was absolutely helpful. Thank you very much for all the tips and ideas.
Really helpful tips!
Your beautiful post helped me alot
M expecting n was looking for some idea lyk dis
Will send u my baby album once i have it
I don’t want to do an actual book. I want to do it DIGITAL…you have some great ideas, however, I want to send the info with cool pages and photos to EVERYONE ! 🙂
Thank you for all your ideas. I have soooo many pictures from the whole family,
But needed some way to arrange, and connect the pictures.
Being a mother is a wonderful thing