I bought a set of two gallery stretched canvases in the home decor section at Joann’s for $5.97 each on clearance–each had black marks on them and they were a shade of peachy pink. It did not match anything in my house. But I figured the cost of the canvas alone was worth $6 and I could always paint over them.
I finally broke out the paint and decided to alter them! I recently redecorated my guest bath in a bird theme with robin’s egg blues, pretty sea foam greens, and a touch of warm brown. When I received my goodie box for the Tombow USA challenge with Canvas Corp, I knew what I was going to do!!
Here is the final result:
I received some gorgeous White on Kraft Damask CCP2722 patterned paper from Canvas Corp as well as a premade canvas flower. I gathered paints, inks, and other embellies to match the colors of my bathroom and went to town.
- Tombow 3D Foam Tabs
- Tombow Stamp Runner Permanent Adhesive
- Canvas Corp White on Kraft Damask CCP2722 Patterned Paper
- Canvas Corp White on Kraft French Home Sampler CCP2717 Patterned Paper
- Canvas Corp Canvas FabricPage
- Canvas Corp Canvas Flower CVS3309
- Canvas Corp Canvas Fringe CVS3311
- Smooch Spritz in Ice Rink, Spash, and River Mossy by Clearsnap
- ColorBox Premium Dye Inkpad in Chocolate by Stephanie Barnard
- Clearsnap Rollagraph Jumbo Handle and Stamp Wheels in Define It, Simple Dots, and Splatter
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink Cat’s Eye in Chestnut Roan
- Sizzix Bigz 3D Flower Die
- Canvas by Joann’s
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint in Lime Sorbet, Paradise, Metallic Bronze, Bambi Brown
- KaiserColour Acrylic Paint in Sea Breeze
- Rub-Ons by Studio Calico and Jenni Bowlin Studios
- Artistic Wire Gun Metal Colored Copper Wire, 24 Gauge
- Glass Glitter by Jolee Jane
- Mini Frame by Melissa Frances
- Printed Ephemera by Jen Johnson at Spark No. 3
- Crown Charm by Teresa Collins
- Punchinella, Chandelier Crystal, Glass Bottle by hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
And here it is in my new bathroom design:
So next time you see that cast-off, damaged clearance item, think of all the possibilities, buy it, and then paint new life into it 🙂
If you enjoyed this post please follow us on http://www.facebook.com/tombowusa and http://twitter.com/#tombowusa
Pingback: Blog Hop Day 3: Tombow and Canvas Corp…Gift Wrapping Ideas » canvascorp
So lovely, Jennifer!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us today!
Have a wonderful day!
WOW! Great idea! I get really worried when it comes to inks and paints!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration – I may even give it a go! 🙂
How pretty! I LOVE the skirt!
Very pretty. love it.
Inspirational!!! Might just have to try this out. LOVE the canvas!
This is so artsy/pretty! I love all of the different elements you added, and how you made everything blend…
Pingback: Blog Hop Day 4: Tombow and Canvas Corp Door Hanger » canvascorp
What a fanastic Canvas. It’s gorgeous. Great project. Thanks
Wow!! Jennifer that is so beautiful!! I LOVE the textures and colors!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Pingback: Blog Hop Day 5: Tombow and Canvas Corp Canvas Bag » canvascorp
How beautiful . TFS.
Amazing! Can’t believe that was a pink damaged item… so beautiful!