To me, May Arts has always been the gold standard in ribbon so I was uber-excited when I received the goodie box from May Arts for this project! For this project I used some baker’s twine, jute and cotton wired ribbon, a woven natural fiber trim, and a pretty delicate lace from May Arts, as well as an assortment of adhesive from Tombow.
The May Arts ribbon took dye readily — I used some spray ink to dye the trims to match my project. To dye ribbon or lace, ball up a length of the ribbon and then spray with spray ink. Rub between the palms of your hands until the ink is pressed into all of the fibers. Lay flat to dry.
To adhere the woven fiber trim, I used Tombow’s Power Bond Adhesive Runner. – the delicate natural fibers responded to the adhesive really well!
I pulled one of the wires in the jute and cotton ribbon out and then gathered the ribbon along the other wire. Thus created a fun ruffled effect on the trim. I cut the edge of the ribbon where the wire was removed with pinking shears. I then ran a strip of Power Bond Adhesive along the edges of pages in the mini book and pressed the ruffled ribbon into the adhesive. I wrapped some of the pages with the baker’s twine and tied it into a bow. The thick baker’s twine was wonderful to use as it stood out against the patterned papers in the book and was thick enough to make it easy to handle.
Here are the rest of the pages in the book, just for fun!
- Tombow Power Bond Adhesive Runner
- Tombow 3D Foam Tabs
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- May Arts Ribbon, Lace, and Trim
- Zutter Bind-it-All, Clipboard Wood, and O-Wire
- Maya Road Labels
- Whisker Graphics Glassine Bag
- Patterned Paper by Collage Press, Pink Paislee, October Afternoon, Hambly, Making Memories, Bo Bunny Press, and Crate Paper
- American Crafts Foam Letters
- Diecuts by Silhouette
- Felt Diecuts by Hobby Lobby
- Vintage Book Covers
- Vintage Bingo Card
- Joann’s Pinking Shears
- Craft Smart Acrylic Paint
- Spray Ink by Clearsnap
- Adhesive Bling by Recollections
- Buttons, Kraft Tags, Ribbon Flower, Fabric Bow, Chipboard, Bling by hydrangeahippo.etsy.com
Be sure to hop on over to May Arts and check out what their team has in store for you today! Thanks for stopping by today :)
If you enjoyed this post please follow us on